The definition also includes any works which form an integral part of, or are preparatory to or temporary for the works described in paragraphs (a) to (e), including site clearance, soil investigation and improvement, earth-moving, excavation, laying of foundation, site restoration and landscaping.
What is CIDB LICENSE?
The overall objective of CIDB is to develop the capacity and capability of the Construction Industry through the enhancement of quality and productivity by placing great emphasis on professionalism, innovation and knowledge, in the endeavour to improve the quality of life.
Who needs the CIDB license:
Registering is for those involved in or undertaking to carry out and complete any construction works with the CIDB, whether they are:
Construction works refers to the construction, extension, installation, repair, maintenance, renewal, removal, renovation, alteration, dismantling, or demolition of:
What are the criteria required to register with the CIDB?
- There are a few registration requisites that need to be complied with in order to register with the CIDB:
- Registration with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
- The firm/company must be experienced, or use experience of technical personnel.
- All main contracts or nominated subcontracts are executed.
- Subcontracts executed by the applicants must be supported by evidence.
- Financial Capacity
- The financial capacity of an applicant registered with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) shall be evaluated on the paid-up capital of the companies.
- For applicants registered with the Registrar of Business (ROB) – whether sole proprietorship or partnership – financial capacity shall be evaluated in terms of net capital worth, which shall be derived from either one or all of the following:
- Copies of current account bank statement for the latest 3 months.
- Copy of current balance from savings accounts.
- Copy of uncharged and valid fixed deposit statements.
- Bank certification pertaining to overdraft facilities, if any.
- ASB shares.
- Personnel Resources
- Full time personnel resources in Malaysia must undertake the work corresponding to the registration grade and category applied for, with recognized qualifications & relevant EPF contribution statement.